S&P Global seeks an Amazon reporter
S&P Global Market Intelligence seeks a reporter who can delve deeply into a beat focused on Amazon.com and its peers and competitors in the e-commerce marketplace and deliver engaging, insightful news and features.
On a day-to-day basis, our reporters write about breaking news and craft proprietary stories on major corporate developments and trends. In addition, reporters provide on-the-ground coverage of hearings, shareholder meetings, conferences and other significant events.
The Team: With more than 250 reporters and editors across five continents, our reporters have the opportunity every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and are able to develop a close team dynamic with co-workers from around the globe.
The Impact: Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership in the global business community. The reporters in our Consumer News group provide coverage of companies in the retail; food, beverage and tobacco; and auto industries.
What’s in it for you:
- Ownership of a beat focused on Amazon.com, a key change agent in the world marketplace
- Tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally in a vibrant newsroom with multiple reporting and editorial career paths
- Gain in-depth understanding of corporate and market dynamics
- Opportunities to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news
- Build a robust network of industry and professional contacts
- Collaborate with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover
- Enjoy a casual working environment
- Write spot news coverage
- Write feature-length and data-driven stories
- Review news releases, third-party reports and SEC filings
- Cover conference calls with company executives
- Attend conferences and events
- Establish relationships with sources, analysts and industry authorities
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Professional journalism experience.
- Retail sector, business or financial sector reporting experience is preferred.
- Fluency in English necessary, plus knowledge of at least one other major European language is desirable, but not essential.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and three samples of recent work to S&P Global Market Intelligence. You will need to pass in-house writing test prior to interviews with the team.
To apply, go here.