S&P Global seeks a retail reporter
Are you a reporter who can dig into the retail industry to deliver engaging, insightful news and features? If so, we have just the opportunity for you!
The role involves coverage of some of the biggest names in the industry – from grocers like Walmart to home-improvement retailers including Home Depot and footwear maker Nike.
You will demonstrate your ability in an industry that is at the heart of the economy at a time when it is going through a seismic shift. The growth of online selling is changing how we shop; this is requiring traditional brick-and-mortar retailers to adapt the ways they do business.
Our reporters write breaking news, cover mergers and acquisitions, executive changes, corporate earnings and any developments likely to have a material impact on companies. They also cover conferences and other significant events.
The Team: With more than 250 reporters and editors across five continents, our reporters have the opportunity every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and are able to develop a close team dynamic with co-workers from around the globe.
The Impact: Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership in the global business community. The reporters in our Consumer News group provide coverage of companies in the retail; food, beverage and tobacco; and auto industries.
What’s in it for you:
- Ownership of a beat focused on the retail industry
- Tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally in a dynamic newsroom with multiple reporting and editorial career paths
- Gain in-depth understanding of corporate and market dynamics
- Opportunities to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news
- Build a robust network of industry and professional contacts
- Collaborate with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover
- Enjoy a casual working environment
- Write spot news coverage
- Write feature-length and data-driven stories
- Review news releases, third-party reports and SEC filings
- Cover conference calls with company executives
- Attend conferences and events
- Establish relationships with sources, analysts and industry authorities
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Professional journalism experience.
- Retail industry, business or financial sector reporting experience is preferred.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and three samples of recent work to S&P Global Market Intelligence. You will need to pass an in-house writing test prior to interviews with the team.
To apply, go here.