S&P Global is seeking a reporter who can produce insightful news and features on the health care industry in the U.S. Our reporters cover breaking news and produce stories that draw on our database of market, regulatory and corporate information.
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
The Team: Do you love to collaborate? With a global newsroom of more than 250 reporters and editors across five continents, our reporters have the opportunity every single day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and to develop a close team dynamic with co-workers from around the globe.
The Impact: Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes major institutional investors, regulators and almost all of Wall Street’s leading investment banks. We provide our readers with essential coverage of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, medical device makers, hospitals and health care facilities – an industry that accounts for almost one-fifth of the U.S. economy.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a robust network of industry and professional contacts.
- Increase your understanding of market dynamics, and gain a greater understanding of the health care and financial sectors.
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Sharpen your analytical skills through the use of our extensive database and enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news.
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover.
- Enjoy a casual working environment.
- Report breaking financial, regulatory or related business news.
- Craft enterprise stories on key developments affecting pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, life sciences, health care technology, healthcare suppliers and other related sectors.
- Cover congressional hearings, speeches, shareholder meetings, conferences and other significant events.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of reporting experience
- Command of journalistic standard methodology (AP style, libel issues, etc.)
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Previous experience with or covering the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of financial markets & economic trends
- Previous professional experience with data journalism
To apply, go here.