S&P Global Markets seeks top news editor
S&P Global Markets is seeking a rigorous and exacting editor, able to identify the top global stories of economic relevance and both speedy at handling copy yet not afraid to perform radical surgery when necessary, for an exciting position on our newly-created Top News Team.
A critical part of S&P Global Market Intelligence’s editorial expansion, Top News will be responsible for covering events ranging from major corporate mergers to bond market implosions as well as economically-relevant political developments such as elections and policy moves by President Trump.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Edit stories to the highest standards, ensuring they are not only fluently written and properly sourced, but that they contain all necessary context and data as well as being concise.
- In close cooperation with the Top News editor, work with journalists and other news teams to ensure that stories meeting Top News criteria are properly covered.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including product developers
- Leverage S&P Global Market Intelligence data and other graphics to deliver valuable insight to readers.
The Impact: The successful candidate, who will work closely with the Top News Editor, will assist in news editing, coordinate with other editorial teams, and, critically, polish our copy so that it meets the highest standards of financial journalism, ensuring not only that it is timely, numerate and fluently written, but also that it contains all necessary context and sourcing and is properly supported by data. This is a demanding but extremely rewarding position, requiring tact as well as news judgment, and a proven track record of editing for a high quality outlet is essential.
The Career Opportunity: Top News is intended to provide a showcase for our editorial output at a time when we seek to boost the profile of our reporting, so the successful candidate will play a key role in laying the foundations of what we aim to become an established journalistic brand.
The Team: Top News will group journalists in the U.S., London and Asia, spanning time zones to provide world-wide coverage. S&P Global includes S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
- Must possess broad knowledge of finance, markets and world events.
- Must have a track record of editing financial news at a high level.
- Fluency in English necessary. Knowledge of other major languages would be an advantage.
- Candidates will need to provide samples of recent published work and pass an editing test.
To apply, go here.