Southern California News Group seeks a nimble, focused journalist to serve as editor of the Grunion Gazettes newspaper, a local-news tradition in the city of Long Beach since 1978. The job is a busy blend of reporting and writing, editing/coordination of content and serving as the publication’s liaison to the public
We’re looking for someone who’s accustomed to getting news posted swiftly and accurately. Ideal candidates have the ability to produce and polish local enterprise and other news for online, mobile and email newsletters as well as the print platforms. While some content appears exclusively in the weekly newspaper, other stories will also appear in our Press-Telegram daily publication and on SCNG news websites.
What you will bring:
- Knowledge of the Long Beach area
- 3-4 years experience reporting and/or editing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism or related field
- Strong news judgment
- Excellent writing and reporting skills, including knowledge of AP style
- Strong understanding of social media
- Basic photo and/or video skills appreciated
The annual salary range is $50,000 – $60,000. This role is eligible for a bonus based on performance.
For further information click here.