South Florida Biz Journal seeks hospitality reporter
As a reporter in one of the hottest markets in the country, you will be responsible for quality coverage across all platforms. We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic reporter to establish himself/herself as the go-to source on travel/tourism (hotels, airlines, cruise lines, etc.); restaurants & retail; conventions & meetings; and gaming & attractions.
Our reporters must marry strong traditional journalism skills — source building, sharp interviewing techniques, strong analytical and investigative reporting skills, clear writing, document use — with online and social media know-how.
A Business Journal reporter is widely recognized as the community’s foremost authority on their assigned beat. Our reporters are expected to own their beats by breaking important hard news online, using print and video to tell the story behind the headlines and providing deeper analysis of newsworthy events.
· Produce compelling, high-impact breaking news and enterprise rich in perspective and context.
· Own the beat audience and conversation.
· Build source network relentlessly.
· Work collaboratively with editors, photographers, designers and others to maximize the impact of stories reported.
· Ability to work independently and remotely.
· Break news and identify newsworthy events and sources.
· Strong writing, analytical and investigative interviewing skills.
· Work under deadline pressure and prioritize tasks appropriately.
· Experience with using social media to source and promote content.
· Understanding all platforms including print, mobile and online.
· Minimum two years of journalism experience with proven ability in reporting and writing.
· Knowledge of South Florida market preferred.
· Spanish fluency preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
To apply, go here.