South Florida Biz Journal seeks editor in chief
The South Florida Business Journal is looking for an Editor in Chief to lead a fast-paced newsroom in one of the country’s most dynamic cities for business.
The Editor in Chief (EIC), as the highest ranking newsroom leader, is responsible for driving product quality and strategy across all platforms and for relentlessly building audience and engagement. The EIC must be equally at home in both the print and digital spheres — but leadership and innovation must be particularly pronounced on digital platforms.
To be successful, the EIC must possess well-honed news instincts, have a burning curiosity about business and people, employ a deft editing hand, and be equal parts leader, entrepreneur and marketer.
– Define a clear and compelling vision for the voice, look and feel of the Business Journal’s portfolio of products, including the print edition, daily emails, digital content and social media strategy.
– Take a proactive, hands-on approach in leading all newsroom staff, with particular focus on further developing an talented reporting staff.
– Lead development of excellent content on all platforms, guiding content strategy, working directly with reporters where appropriate, coaching editors to work effectively and collaboratively with reporters and setting priorities for newsroom resources.
– Lead and drive staff adaptation to new mediums, platforms, skill sets, story forms, and ways of doing things.
– Share responsibility for growing print, digital and event audiences. Work with other department heads to create business and marketing plans.
– In collaboration with the Publisher, identify and address new business and audience opportunities to extend the brand.
– Meet or exceed goals relating to audience engagement.
– Embrace community and business outreach as an ambassador of the South Florida Business Journal in the region.
To apply, contact Beth Hunt, manager of editorial operations at American City Business Journals, at firstname.lastname@example.org.