South Carolina business paper seeks reporter
The Columbia Regional Business Report is looking for a talented reporter to cover local and state business and economic development for our award-winning regional business journal.
The Columbia Regional Business Report is a publication of SC Biz News, which also publishes Charleston Regional Business Journal and GSA Business Report and the quarterly SCBIZ magazine.
Bustling with downtown redevelopment and a thriving IT industry, Columbia is the capital city of South Carolina and home to the University of South Carolina and Fort Jackson.
Two years or more of reporting experience in print journalism preferred; this is not an entry-level position.
Photography and video experience would be a plus.
- Must be self-starter, innovative and creative.
- Must understand how to cover a beat, generate story ideas, and plan ahead.
- Must be comfortable using social media to share stories.
- Must be web-savvy and able to compile our daily digital news report.
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities for various publications, both print and digital.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field.
Send a cover letter, resume and three clips (links are acceptable) to Chuck Crumbo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to all applicants, but we will contact those who make the first cut.