The Daily Herald is seeking a reporter to cover local politics and/or general assignment stories in Snohomish County. The beat is flexible for a reason. If you’re a newshound eager to do meaningful journalism, we’ll play to your strengths.
- Ideally, this reporter will cover a healthy slice of our municipal governments.
- You won’t be churning out mundane meeting coverage or clickbait.
- This is a position for someone who can sift through the noise to unearth powerful stories that resonate here and beyond.
- We’re looking for a clear writer with strong storytelling skills.
- If you’ve worked much with alternative story forms, that’s a big plus.
- You should also be comfortable taking photos and videos.
News often requires quick turnarounds. It’s news. That said, this newspaper values depth above quantity. No quotas. Editors trust reporters to give each story the time it deserves. You’ll work alongside about a dozen reporters who will go out of their way to help you succeed. Our staff is encouraged to share bylines and bounce ideas off of one another.
The position pays $18-$21 per hour depending on experience.
The Daily Herald, with the website HeraldNet.com, has been the leading news and information source in Snohomish County, Washington, for more than a century.
The position is full-time.
Please email an introductory letter and a resume to careers @soundpublishing.com and include “EDH REPORTER” in the subject line.
For further details click here.