Sky-Hi News, located near Rocky Mountain National Park, seeks a reporter to cover the government, crime and sports beats in addition to business and sustainability reporting.
Here at Sky-Hi News, we punch above our weight, producing award-winning, impactful journalism that seeks to hold authority accountable and strengthen the bonds of our communities. We live to tell the story of Grand County, where outdoor enthusiasts come to ski, snowboard, mountain bike, backpack, trail run, rock climb, raft, kayak, sail, paddleboard, fish, hunt, camp — need we go on? We’re looking for an adventurous spirit with a love for the outdoors and mountain towns.
We are looking for someone who likes to work hard and play hard — a mature, ambitious reporter who can write about the things locals and visitors want to know about: new businesses, events and the environment, while also asking top community leaders tough questions to act as a watchdog for five towns in Grand County (Granby, Fraser, Winter Park, Kremmling and Grand Lake).
This job’s schedule is typically Tuesday to Saturday each week, and hours are flexible outside of scheduled public meetings or events.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Generate seven stories per week.
- Take photos and videos.
- Demonstrate effective use of social media tools to source stories and cover trending news.
- Work with community leaders/figures as well as other newsroom staff.
- Be flexible in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Ensure accuracy, fairness and correct spelling in all reporting.
- Follow direction and vision of the Sky-Hi News editor.
- Make assigned deadlines without exception.
- Be a team player and fill in for reporting vacancies as needed.
- Be ethical within the guidelines set by the editor.
- Journalism, English or communications degree required but can be waived with daily newsroom experience.
- One year of newsroom experience preferred.
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends.
Pay $19-$21/hour depending on experience.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information click here.