The Sky Hi News, located in the heart of the Colorado Rockies, is hiring a part-time copy editor (10 hours per week) for copy desk shifts on Tuesdays (1-4 p.m.) and Thursdays (1-4 p.m.). Print deadlines of 4 p.m. for Sky Hi News are firm.
The available copy desk shifts allow free time during the day to explore all that Grand county has to offer.
The position requires proofing pages and hitting deadlines. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for attention to detail and quality.
Copy editing responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Edit stories for accuracy, clarity, completeness, objectivity, grammar, spelling, organization, readability and style.
- Write clear and informative headlines.
- Coordinate with reporters and editors to ensure consistency in style, tone and quality.
- Perform detail-oriented, quality work without missing deadline.
- Ability to learn beginner design techniques to adjust page layout in InDesign.
- Adhere to our design guide.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or a related field
- Keen eye for errors of style and substance.
- Ability to learn AP style.
- Ability to prioritize and take pride in the details.
- Ability to learn basic design skills using Adobe InDesign
Pay $18-$20/hour depending on experience. $250 recreation pass available after 6 months employment.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information click here.