The Silicon Valley Business Journal is looking for a full-time Digital Producer to work in the heart of one of the nation’s top business centers.
As the newsroom staff member responsible for day-to-day management of all digital content including Web and email products, the Digital Producer must thrive in a breaking-news culture.
The Digital Producer curates, edits, reports and writes posts – as well as produces interactive features, galleries and video – that are timely, compelling and drive audience engagement.
The Digital Producer is the newsroom’s point person on social media.
The job requires solid news judgment, strong editing and headline-writing skills, and familiarity with SEO and site analytics. The Digital Producer must balance the highest standards for content with ambitious traffic and engagement objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience in online news operation
- Strong headline writing and copy-editing skills
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Well-versed with social media engagement
- SEO experience
- Video production experience a plus
- Demonstrated use of databases to build interactive elements and features
- Use of content management systems
- Html skills a plus
To apply, go here.