We’re different. You are, too. Sentinel Colorado, a growing, proven media voice, is seeking a reporter to join us in delivering great journalism on deadline.
We disdain the constraints of corporate group-think and instead reward originality, skepticism and creativity.
We publish daily at SentinelColorado.com, and on Thursday in print.
We serve the third-largest city in Colorado and the region. We’re a top-award-winning newspaper, always striving to improve our work.
We have a rare opening in the newsroom. Our staff, like our work, has staying power.
We’re looking for the right person to fit in with our talented staff and hit the ground running — or insert your own applicable cliches here. A 4-year degree in journalism, or related field, is a must, alongside your experience at another paper.
In addition to juggling multiple deadlines for a variety of media channels, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter. We’re looking for someone who can adapt and learn in situations that are simultaneously demanding and rewarding.
We’re a tight-knit group of journalists who find camaraderie in our shared experiences, so the right personality is important. If you think you’re ready to make the most out of our opportunity, then let’s talk.
- 4-year degree in journalism, or related field.
- A sense of humor.
- Appreciation for the details.
- We take what we do very seriously, but not not ourselves.
- Develop stories, write stories. Repeat.
- We write about everything, but this position will focus on schools and education, a wild beat out here.
- Basic understanding of local and state governments and their legislative process may be helpful.
- Accurate reporting and integrity in everything you do.
Please send a letter of application, your resume and samples of your best work to jobs@SentinelColorado.com
We’re a crazy-busy newsroom with a lot of deadlines, so please don’t call.
For more information click here.