Semafor is a global news platform for an increasingly complex world in which consumers are overwhelmed by too many news sources and unsure what to trust. We are building Semafor from the ground up to enable world-class journalists to deliver reporting and insights with rigor in journalistic forms that ensure a new level of transparency. Our editors will distill the most important stories from all over in formats that uncover the forces shaping the stories, explain the interests behind polarizing narratives, and replenish the stock of shared facts. As a global platform, Semafor recognizes that smart people can disagree and that informed readers need to understand alternative points of view from competing centers of power and culture in a multi-polar world. Our ambitions are large, but we’re going to start small. We intend to launch in just two markets globally, learn from our experiences, and grow deliberately. Want to join us? Read on.
Attention crypto reporters: This is your chance to get in on the ground floor of something that’s gonna be big. No, it’s not on the blockchain. But it is an opportunity for an enterprising reporter to cover the industry the way they think it should be covered. The ideal candidate will have been around the crypto block, have their eyes wide open to hyperbole and scams, but not closed to potentially world-changing technology that critics are too quick to ignore. This reporter will interface with our technology editor and our editor-in-chief. You’ll know how to talk crypto and Web 3 with the most influential people in the business, but you’ll also know how to make it accessible and interesting to people who think wallets are made of leather. Crypto is fraught with uncertainty, but you shouldn’t be afraid of saying what you really think, or admitting when you’ve been proven wrong.
- Produce a weekly crypto newsletter with fresh, original reporting and thinking
- Contribute scoops and breaking news coverage for our tech section
What makes you qualified
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in reporting, ideally in crypto or the tech industry.
- Proven ability to source deeply inside the cyrpto space or tech in general and deliver stories that blend insider knowledge with authoritative “what-it-means” energy for all readers.
- A comprehensive sense of the competition, and of what the next beat of a big story can be.
- Experience in scrappy and/or dynamic environments and willingness to jump in wherever needed to help the team succeed.
- A contagious passion for news in all its forms.
- An eagerness to pitch in and be part of a startup
To apply, go here.