Semafor is looking for a proven, scoop-hungry business and finance reporter to join our growing newsroom. You would be contributing both to regular publications and breaking news. We’re looking for someone who has a track record of sourcing up in and beyond Wall Street and C-suites and a keen eye for the next big economic story. You’ll be a crucial member of our editorial team, collaborating closely with the Business and Finance editor and editor-in-chief, and will contribute to making Semafor a must-read for corporate and financial power players. We’re looking for a versatile reporter with a track record of pulling off scoopy, splashy stories, an eye for bigger themes and trends to develop into longer-term coverage, and the desire to join something new and ambitious.
- Produce regular — between daily and weekly — stories for our website and newsletters.
- Collaborate with other elements of the team, including video, design, and events, to produce breakout products.
Things We’re Looking For
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in reporting, ideally in finance or business journalism.
- Proven ability to source deeply in complicated organizations, and deliver stories that blend insider knowledge with authoritative “what-it-means” energy for all readers.
- A comprehensive sense of the competition, and of what the next beat of a big story can be.
- Experience in scrappy and/or dynamic environments and willingness to jump in wherever needed to help the team succeed.
- A contagious passion for news in all its forms.
- An eagerness to pitch in and be part of a startup
To apply, go here.