The San Francisco Standard has a full-time opening for a talented and experienced real estate/housing reporter to join our team in San Francisco. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the Bay Area real estate market and a passion for writing about the latest trends and developments in the industry and breaking news.
The real estate/housing reporter will be responsible for writing about the Bay Area real estate market, including residential and commercial property, housing development and related issues. The reporter will be responsible for developing sources and building relationships with key players in the real estate industry and government. This beat is wide-ranging, covering subjects like home sale and rental prices, office vacancy rates, office-to-housing conversions, design trends, financing mechanisms and government regulations on housing density, zoning and more.
This is a full-time, in-office position. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience reporting on real estate, and strong writing and reporting skills.
- Write compelling stories about the Bay Area real estate market
- Break news around housing, real estate, development and related topics
- Report on the latest trends and developments in the real estate industry
- Cultivate sources and build relationships with key players in the field
- Stay up-to-date on the latest news and trends in this subject area
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field or commensurate experience
- At least 3 years of experience reporting on real estate, housing or related topic
- Strong writing skills and command of AP Style
- Basic photography skills
- Excellent research and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Data visualization and data analysis skills a plus
This job may require night and/or weekend work.
We are an in-office company and the role requires physical presence in the Bay Area. We offer very competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
If you are a talented and experienced real estate/housing reporter who is passionate about writing about the Bay Area real estate market, housing and related topics, we encourage you to apply.
The pay range for this role is $75,000 to $140,000.
For further details click here.