The San Diego Union-Tribune has an opening for a full-time small-business reporter on our business team.
We’re looking for a reporter who is passionate about covering San Diego’s diverse community of small businesses, including profiles of compelling companies and entrepreneurs, economic trends that make or break new businesses, mom-and-pop shops, franchise owners, and information and advice on how to be successful in this field. You should be able to write quickly, clearly and accurately on deadline, and work collaboratively with other editors and reporters to develop larger enterprise stories.
- Providing breaking news reports and impactful enterprise stories for print and digital platforms
- Building a network of sources and relationships with key players in the county’s diverse small-business community
- Developing a deep knowledge of the people, companies and trends in small business
- Telling stories in whatever format serves our readers best, from story galleries and lists to traditional stories
- Some weekend reporting duties
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism
- At least two years of reporting/writing experience (Experience covering business is a plus, but not a must)
- An interest in small businesses and the people behind them
- Solid grasp of proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and AP style
- Demonstrated ability to connect on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
To apply, go here.