San Antonio Express-News seeks business of health care reporter
The San Antonio Express-News is looking for a reporter who hustles for stories and writes in a way that connects with general readers to cover the business of health care.
San Antonio is a fast-growing city that’s also one of the most economically segregated in the country, with high poverty and uninsured rates; it’s a national center of military medicine, with a large population of veterans; and it’s served by both nonprofit health care systems and national, for-profit hospital operators. Our next health care reporter will break news and tell stories that bring home to readers how this dynamic industry is affecting their lives in ways good and bad.
- Cultivate a wealth of sources and stay on top of regulatory filings
- Juggle breaking news, mid-range features and enterprise
- Collaborate with editors, reporters, the digital team, photographers and graphic artists to produce rich, engaging story packages
- Skilled writer and storyteller who would never ever use jargon
- At least 1-2 years covering health care
- Comfortable using social media to promote Express-News work and develop sources
- BA or BS minimum
How to apply: Send your cover letter, resume and six clips to Business Editor Greg Jefferson at email@example.com.