San Antonio Biz Journal seeks an editor in chief
The San Antonio Business Journal is looking for a dynamic, innovative Editor in Chief to lead a talented newsroom in the Alamo City.
The Editor in Chief, as the highest ranking newsroom leader, is responsible for driving product strategy and quality across all platforms and for relentlessly building audience. The EIC must be equally at home in both print and digital, but leadership and innovation must be particularly pronounced on digital platforms. To be successful, the EIC must have well-honed hard news instincts, a burning curiosity about business and people, a deft editing hand, and be equal parts leader, entrepreneur and marketer.
• Inspiring and diplomatic.
• Innovative, curious, collaborative.
• Passionate about covering local business news.
• Knowledgeable about business topics.
• Able to lead and drive growth in a experienced newsroom.
• Good communicator able to build and maintain a strong newsroom culture.
• Must be able to thrive in a rapidly changing and uncharted media environment.
• Innovator who brings new ideas to help grow the San Antonio Business Journal.
• Define a clear and compelling vision for the look, feel and voice of our products, including a thriving digital news operation, a printed weekly edition and daily emails.
• Lead staff adaptation to new platforms, skill sets, story forms, and ways of doing things.
• Guide, develop and mentor reporting staff.
• Own the growth of digital and print audiences.
• Work with other department heads to create new products and growth plans.
• In collaboration with the Publisher, identify and address new business and audience opportunities to extend the brand.
• Meet or exceed goals relating to audience engagement.
• Embrace community and business outreach as an ambassador of the Business Journal.
• Speak to business groups and other relevant audiences on behalf of the Business Journal.
• In collaboration with the publisher, develop, assemble and moderate panel discussions on topics of interest to the Business Journal audience.
Must have proven success in newsroom management and team leadership, digital news management, line editing, running a multiplatform news operation and beat reporting.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Beth Hunt, director of editorial recruiting and development for American City Business Journals, firstname.lastname@example.org