Rwebel is looking for writers
Rwebel is looking for freelancers to add to our database. In particular, we are looking for culture stories that can be added to our “Culture Digest” column. In general, we focus on BIPOC-centered stories.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Rwebel aims to uphold the voices of marginalized communities. It is not a traditional media, so it reports its stories from a slant because it believes in the power of lived experiences. Its stories are fact-based, culturally competent, and relevant.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Some of my favorite stories below:
- A review of “Encanto” and “Turning Red” and how they narrated what it’s like growing up ethnic
- An editor’s favorite: The Culture “Verzuz” Accountability about how Verzuz platforms abusers
Including pitches would streamline our review process, so send those with your clips. Also, I’m an administrative team of one, so please give me grace on responding to emails.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- Pay range: 20 cents to 50 cents per word, commensurate with experience.
For more information, visit their website.
Email all questions and submissions to Javanna Whitney, CEO and Editor if Chief of Rwebel Magazine, at: email@example.com