Rolling Stone seeks a music business reporter
Rolling Stone is hiring a reporter to cover the music business.
We are seeking a strong writer who is well-connected with good sources within the music industry. The reporter will be responsible for breaking news and writing in-depth business analysis stories. The ideal candidate should have three or more years of business reporting and writing experience.
The successful applicant should have proven experience in reporting and finding scoops for a newspaper, trade magazine, or real-time news service, and should possess the ability to write feature stories as well as develop insightful sidebars and other forms of content presentation.
- Solid music industry reporting experience (3+ years)
- Be able to analyze, interpret, and break hard news
- Research, report, write, and edit content across platforms to include online and print media as well as sponsored content
- Work with the Strategic Content Development (SCD) team to identity various industry trends for the purpose of creating business insights via special sections and reports, and integrated editorial
- Develop sources in the music industry, and report daily on their activities in the market
- Conduct interviews with industry executives and experts
- Attend business conferences, special events, forums, summits, news conferences and other events to report on activities and develop industry sources