Rochester Business Journal seeks a digital editor
BridgeTower Media is a leading publisher of niche newspapers with properties across the country. We provide legal and business professionals with news and analysis specific to their practices and their markets. Our daily and weekly papers are digital-first and dedicated to our audiences.
We are looking for a digital editor for its news organizations in Maryland and western New York – The Daily Record, the Rochester Business Journal, and the New York Daily Record. These are long-standing and well-respected publications in their markets, providing business, legal, and government news and data as well as a thought leader and recognition events. They are multiplatform publications with sophisticated audiences and advertisers.
The digital editor:
- Oversees online products for the publication, working with publishers, editors, and other staff.
- Is responsible for social media strategies, not only for the news operations but for marketing, events, and advertising products.
- Manages the publication’s websites to present compelling content that serves the organizations’ audiences.
- Oversees editorial, marketing, sales, and event email newsletters.
- Trains staff in the use of the latest digital tools.
- Monitors and assesses analytics and metrics to help management teams evaluate how products are performing.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to collaborate with colleagues from a variety of departments.
- Fluency with CMS, WordPress, HTML, Google, and SEO tools and technologies.
- News judgment, curiosity, and a strategic understanding of the news and digital needs of a niche professional market.
- An ability to juggle projects and to shift between them as needed.
We offer a competitive compensation package along with a generous benefits program.
To apply, go here