Reveal is seeking a data reporter who will thrive on reporting and telling stories with data in collaboration with a newsroom of experienced and dedicated journalists.
- Execute both simple and complex data analyses in collaboration with other reporters
- Vet datasets and analyses through research and people-reporting
- Work in, and help improve, the data team’s workflow, processes and systems
- Train other journalists to advance their skills in data journalism and programming
- Continue to learn and stay up-to-date
- Write well-documented, accessible, standards-compliant code and have the opportunity to pitch and develop your own stories, with support from editors
- Analyze data in Python, R, SQL or another similar high-level language
- Use version control with Git
- Prioritize multiple project requirements and synthesize feedback from multiple stakeholders, with support from the data editor
You will be reporting to Reveal’s data editor and interacting daily with the data team and award-winning journalists in a highly collaborative newsroom that’s thinking big.