Reuters TV seeks reporter/producer in London
Reuters Television is seeking to hire a reporter/producer in London who will be responsible for writing, producing and either fronting or tracking general and business news packages for a new Reuters video product.
The ideal candidate a proven ability to produce and present at a high-level under deadline pressure and interest in news ranging from pop culture to politics and everything in between. This position requires shifts that include full-time weekend duty and the production of multiple stories per day.
– Operate as a one-person band, as well as a wider team of multi-media producers, to conceptualize, write, voice and edit news packages for a 24-hour digital product
– Help to identify the editorial agenda, plan and respond to breaking news
– Quickly plan and execute stories to tight deadlines, which resonate with depth and color, while maintaining Reuters editorial standards
– Strong on air-presence and ability to voice stories with authority
– Solid news judgment
– Good experience of video and multi-media production experience
– Strong visual story-telling and video editing skills, using Avid and/or FinalCut
– Ability to write engaging video scripts in English to a high standard
– The ability to shoot (primarily Panasonic P2 but DSLR experience a bonus) creatively also a prerequisite, as is knowledge of sound and lighting
– Ability to work under pressure and flexibility to juggle competing deadlines
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, go here.