Reuters news agency is looking for a first-rate correspondent who can tell a global audience about the Russian economy, economic and monetary policy, and the financial services sector.
He or she will need a network of sources so they can deliver stories that our competitors cannot get. They must have the expertise to spot a new development before anyone else, and the flair to tell international readers about it in a compelling way.
This is a position of enormous responsibility covering an area that is at the core of what Reuters does. The successful candidate will have experience of financial journalism and they will need a sophisticated understanding of economics and monetary policy. In addition, they must have proficient Russian, and be able to write fluently and quickly in English.
Essential day-to-day responsibilities:
- Build and maintain sources among economic and monetary policy-makers, and in the financial services sector
- Produce exclusive stories
- Deliver stories that give insight into the Russian economy for a global audience
- Generate ideas for reporting that stands out
- Report daily news relating to macro-economics, economic policy and monetary policy
- Help the bureau win timings against our competitors
- Keep track of data releases and make sure the data reaches clients on time
Required skills and experience:
- Experience of reporting on Russian finance and economics
- Ability to operate under time pressure.
- Strong grasp of finance and economics.
- Knowledge of Russian government and policy an important asset.
- Ability to write clearly, accurately and with flair.
- Proficient spoken Russian.
- Ability to speak and write in English.
To apply, go here.