Reuters seeks online news editor in London
The editor will have a special focus on social distribution, launching and managing fast-paced live blogs to cover major news events and maintaining Reuters editorial feeds on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social platforms.
He or she will have a keen eye for social media trends, with an ability to mine for hot topics and identify trends quickly. A background in managing major social media accounts for a large media organization is preferred.
Daily responsibilities also include contributing to home page editing and managing sector news channels by selecting top stories, photography, video and commentary.
The editor must also have demonstrated the ability to write compelling headlines and article summaries.
Required Skills and Experience:
– Strong journalism experience, preferably online
– Familiarity with social media tools and a firm grasp of social media analytics
– Excellent writing and editing skills
– Good knowledge of business, economics and financial markets
– An ability to think and work across a multimedia platform within a small, flexible team
– Must be able to work effectively with a variety of teams across the world