Reuters seeks oil reporter in London
Reuters is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic reporter to cover the European oil and refined products markets.
The successful candidate will be expected to glean information from busy traders, break news, spot fresh trends in the industry and generate regular analysis as well as in-depth, investigative-type stories.
The reporter will be expected to build contacts with the key players and decision-makers in the industry, including major oil firms, brokers and trading houses. He/she will be working with fellow correspondents in other regions, Asia and North Americas.
– Track record in breaking news as well as good writing skills are required.
– Contact list or ability to build contacts in the markets
– Strong news judgement
– Ability to explain complex markets to a wide business audience
– Experience generating content using Thomson Reuters tools or ability to learn
– Experience using Excel to handle data or ability to learn
– Experience using data and analytical tools to highlight trends
– Experience using graphics software or ability to learn
– High standards of accuracy
– Awareness of clients’ news needs
To apply, go here.