Reuters is looking for talented, energetic and quick-witted journalists to join its New York editing desk.
Successful candidates will have the versatility to edit and/or rewrite economic, financial, business, political and general news stories of all stripes. Working under wire service deadlines, ideal candidates must be able to turn challenged copy into a compelling read that can be appreciated by both financial professionals and a wider audience. The ability to craft arresting headlines is essential. News agency experience is a plus though not a requirement.
These temporary staff positions will run for three months but may be extended. Outstanding candidates will be considered for full-time positions.
– Strong copy editing, rewriting and headline skills
– At least five years of daily journalism experience in a fast-paced environment
– The proven ability to transform average copy into high-quality prose
– Strong news judgment and the guts to challenge editors at any level
– The diplomacy to deal with reporters operating in a high-pressure environment
– Speed, accuracy and an eye for potential legal problems
– A curious and questioning mind
– A solid understanding of economics, business, politics and markets
– A willingness to embrace and utilize change in editorial technology
To apply, go here.