Reuters is seeking an experienced journalist to drive its coverage of the world’s biggest media and telecoms companies as the industry scrambles to respond to the challenge from Netflix Inc, Amazon.com Inc and other tech companies. From AT&T Inc’s acquisition of Time Warner Inc to Walt Disney Co and Comcast Corp’s pursuit of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc, major conglomerates are making multi-billion dollar bets to try to control how people consume news and entertainment.
Reuters is looking for a competitive and enterprising editor who can lead from the front, a player-coach who will help reporters source up and break news on how these mega deals are reshaping the industry, which companies emerge victorious and which ones are left behind, and what risks – regulatory, strategic or operational – investors should understand. Experience covering the media industry is preferred as the successful candidate must have a deep understanding of the key players and how they operate, superb networking skills to build sources inside companies, and strong news judgment to guide reporters to produce distinctive stories in this competitive area.
Based in New York or Los Angeles, the Media and Telecoms Editor should be an energetic and collaborative leader who can work with reporters and editors in other bureaus and on other teams, such as technology or M&A, to produce big scoops and deeper enterprise stories, as well as quick and insightful coverage of breaking news.
- A track record of reporting and writing ambitious, exclusive and high-impact business stories
- Ability to cultivate sources inside companies and gain access to exclusive documents
- Strong news judgement and excellent editing skills
- Leadership experience and ability to work collaboratively across teams and geographies
- Understanding of multimedia elements to enhance stories, from graphics to pictures and video
To apply, go here.