Reuters seeks managing editor in New York
Reuters seeks a managing editor for news based in New York.
The successful candidate will run news production across the Americas, oversee our New York bureau and serve as the senior liaison and site representative to media and financial clients and sales teams.
The successful candidate will report to the Regional Editor or the Americas and be the principal deputy for news, steering our efforts to compete and win from breaking news to initiative and insight that readers can find only on Reuters.
The successful candidate will have oversight of our regional news editing desk, our Top News operation and our daily effort to tell stories presented in a way that integrates text with TV, pictures and graphics and other media.
She or he will combine a demonstrated ability to both run large teams and to drive organizational change aimed at producing great journalism and creating opportunity for great journalists at Reuters.
- Functions as part of a team of editors responsible for translating customer needs and business strategies into action for our editors and reporters
- Gives direction to news coverage and ensures the file meets customer needs and performance standards. Develops a comprehensive set of standards and measures to assess performance
- Responsible for leading, motivating, and communicating with editors and specialist correspondents
- Discovers and fosters talent, and promotes diversity
- Drives multimedia efforts and promotes collaboration with news journalists and editors across the region and the world
- Helps drive innovation and is willing to take calculated risks to improve news coverage
- Works with the Regional Editor, Managing Editor for Operations, EICs and Bureau Chiefs to ensure editorial delivers on budget goals
- Represents Reuters in the Americas to sales teams and customers and ensures that client feedback is part of a
- At least 10 years experience in journalism
- A proven track record of leading large teams to meet coverage priorities.
- Global experience and background in real-time news
- Experience working outside North American and running or working on investigative projects a plus
- Broad knowledge of news specialties
- Ability to manage change, people and projects as well as develop and coach staff
- Record working with clients and fostering collaboration in a news operation
- Demonstrated ability to innovate in the development and delivery of news