Reuters seeks investment management reporter in London
Reuters is looking to recruit an experienced correspondent to cover the Investment Management sector in London, able to break news on and explain to a non-specialist audience the changes taking place in the industry as it adapts to new regulation and the shake-out of the financial crisis.
Fund managers face pressure on fees as they seek to justify the charges they make for outperforming benchmarks and each other. They are also increasingly moving into areas dominated in the past by banks as they pursue better returns in a low interest rate environment, as well as shifting assets into so-called alternative investments.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of the fund management industry in all its guises, have a proven track-record of breaking exclusive news and experience of using performance data to help tell the story of the changes sweeping through the sector. They will also need to be able to understand companies and complex M&A situations in which “long only” and activist fund managers often play a critical role. They will be a strong team player, willing to share tips and sources within their immediate team and with colleagues in EMEA and the other regions in order to break news.
– Strong journalism skills
– Excellent, broad source-building talent
– Track record in breaking news
– Eye for detail and ability to write about personalities to tell the story
– Proven analytical judgment and skills to write smart stories for investors.
– Understanding of fund management and investment banking
– Good numeracy and ability to cut through industry jargon
– Solid knowledge and interest in valuation metrics
– Ability to work in a calm and collegiate way with colleagues
– Proven interest in fund management industry
– Proven track record of idea generation and delivery of well-reported stories
– Ability to write quick analysis as well as more thought-out pieces.
Read more here.