Reuters seeks financial services editor in New York
The financial services editor of Reuters will tell the story of a changing Wall Street and the challenges facing it and the rest of the industry.
Based in New York, the editor will work with a talented team of reporters in New York and Washington, as well as bureaus around the region. The successful candidate for this high-profile role must be able to juggle daily news while driving insightful enterprise stories about banks, insurers, investment firms and other financial institutions.
She or he must be able to conceptualize and edit deeper stories that have exclusive information and tell our readers something unexpected or new about the industry. To that end, the candidate must demonstrate keen skills at prioritization and delegation.
- Manage a team of experienced reporters and editors to produce distinctive and impactful stories about financial institutions
- Collaborate with reporters throughout the Americas, and counterparts in Asia and EMEA, to tell global stories
- Work seamlessly with editing desks to ensure a smooth story production process
- Drive ambitious story projects, including investigations, focused on the industry
- Lead from the front, helping open doors for reporters and driving the file with tips and story ideas
- At least five years’ experience covering the financial industry
- Prior management or news leadership experience
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of the region and international finance highly desirable
- Ability to generate and articulate ideas to drive the file forward in original ways
- Ability to partner well with different teams, across news bureaus and beats
To apply, go here.