Reuters seeks energy reporter in New York
Reuters is seeking a sharply focused, relentlessly driven journalist who is passionate about breaking news to join the U.S. energy team, helping cover the most important story of the decade – the shale oil revolution, everything from how the surge of crude is affecting aging infrastructure to pipeline disruptions that roil physical markets to the inside story on how refiners are fighting everything from crude oil exports to ethanol mandates to century-old shipping rules.
As part of a team of a dozen reporters covering North American oil, the successful candidate will focus primarily on producing enterprising scoops and unearthing hidden aspects of the opaque, dynamic domestic oil products market. The reporter will need to develop deep contacts in the secretive industry to master increasingly complex arbitrage activity, understand how traders can profit from volatile shifts in fundamentals and write authoritatively about market trends – before our competitors do.
With a strong source base and growing expertise, the reporter will be expected to produce exclusive news that will set the agenda not only for our core energy market users, but also for smart financial professionals across the world.
– A proven track record developing deep sources and breaking exclusive news
– Willingness to relentlessly pursue scoops of fact and insight in an opaque, secretive industry
– Strong writing, with an ability to clearly explain technical subjects to a financially sophisticated audience
– Proven ability to work closely and collaboratively as part of a diverse, driven team spanning multiple regions
– Minimum 3 years journalism experience or degree
To apply, go here.