Reuters seeks editor to oversee climate change coverage
Reuters is looking for an editor to run our coverage of climate change.
This is a global role of huge importance. The successful candidate will connect the dots between the great work we’re doing on beats such as the energy transition and climate finance, drive ambitious new coverage on regulation and solutions, and infuse deeper thinking about climate change into our day-to-day coverage.
You will have a good understanding of the beat and experience covering big global stories. You should be able to oversee both breaking news and longer-term investigations. And you will have an ability to explain complex topics to readers around the world.
Please note, this position could be based in either London, New York, Washington or Singapore. Please do apply to the advert for the location in which you would like to be based.
As our Climate Change Editor you will:
- Lead coverage that breaks news and offers deep insight
- Ensure our coverage meets the needs of our clients
- Run a group of dedicated reporters and work with them to plan, develop and deliver stories
- Work with other reporters across multiple disciplines
- Set and communicate news priorities
- Be based in New York, London, Washington or Singapore
You will likely have:
- Strong people and management skills
- Extensive experience in journalism
- Great news judgment
- Knowledge of visual story telling
- A track record of running teams, including an ability to motivate staff and manage performance
- Global experience and background in real-time news
- Experience running or working on initiative projects
- A track record in coaching and training staff
Please note, the deadline for applications is Friday, Jan. 10, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. UK time.
To apply, go here.