Reuters seeks editor-in-charge for US mergers and acquisitions
Reuters is looking for a leader for its U.S. mergers and acquisitions team, which is at the forefront of the organization’s agenda-setting business news coverage. This high-profile player-coach role requires a deep understanding of how executives and dealmakers operate, strong source-building and organizational skills.
The job will often require odd hours and weekend work. The position is based in New York and reports to the editor of the corporate finance group.
- At least 5 years of experience in business journalism
- A track record of generating major scoops and producing impactful stories
- A demonstrated ability to cultivate sources, especially in the business world
- Managerial experience or demonstrated ability in showing reporters how to become prolific scoopsters
- A strong work ethic, team spirit and passion to win
- Excellent communication, writing, editing and leadership skills
- Existing contact book of dealmakers and corporate sources preferred