Reuters seeks editor for Chicago bureau
Thomson Reuters is looking for a talented and energetic journalist to join the editing desk in The Americas.
The successful candidate for the Chicago-based position will have the versatility to edit and/or rewrite economic, financial, business, political and general news stories of all sizes and shapes but must have a clear aptitude for commodity and energy stories. Working under news agency time pressures, the ideal person must be able to turn challenged copy into a compelling read that can be appreciated by both commodity and energy professionals and a wider audience.
- Strong editing, rewriting and headline skills
- At least five years of daily journalism experience in a fast-paced environment
- The proven ability to transform average copy into high-quality prose
- Speed, accuracy and an eye for potential legal problems
- Strong news judgment and the willingness to challenge reporters and editors when necessary
- A curious and questioning mind and an eagerness to learn
- Coolness and professionalism in the face of breaking news
- Some knowledge of commodities & energy rounded off with an understanding of economics, business, markets and politics
- A willingness to embrace and utilize change in editorial technology
To apply, go here.