Reuters seeks Detroit bureau chief
Reuters is looking for an experienced editor and reporter to be its next Detroit Bureau Chief. The job requires leading coverage of the auto industry across the Americas, including the United States, Canada, Mexico and Latin America, working with the Global Automotive Industry Editor.
The successful applicant should have a strong track record of building sources inside big companies and breaking exclusive stories aimed at investors and a global audience. We are looking for someone who can manage a busy daily news file and conceive, report and edit distinctive stories about the car business. Strong leadership skills are essential as the Detroit bureau chief will manage a small team of reporters and collaborate with Reuters colleagues around the world. Experience covering the auto industry is preferred.
- Experienced business editor with a strong record of producing distinctive journalism
- Knowledge of automotive industry
- A demonstrated ability to inspire reporters to break news and do their best work
- Excellent writing and editing skills, ability to frame stories for a global audience
- Management experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years reporting or editing experience
To apply, go here.