Reuters seeks deputy head of Asia desk
The Reuters Asia Desk is looking for a top-notch leader and experienced editor to help run the regional editing desk, which aims to deliver a high-impact file of insightful stories.
Based in Singapore, the successful candidate will form part of an Asia desk leadership team that strives for excellence in all areas of desking. Desk editors are expected to play an active role in producing stories with smart angles that differentiate our product from that of the competition. We want attention-grabbing headlines, strong leads, lively quotes and clear context to tell readers why they should care about a story.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a passion to oversee the editing processes that are critical to our clients, including slugging, coding and other editorial tools that ensure our clients get the full benefit of our multi-media content delivered in a timely manner. He or she will be a motivated self starter who pushes for excellence and who believes that desking is an active and collaborative process that can and does make a difference.
The candidate should have experience working in a busy newsroom as a team leader. Editing experience is preferred, but the candidate could also be a bureau chief or team leader with a proven history of delivering well-crafted stories.
– Strong idea generation skills
– Proven ability to write compelling stories and to edit to a very high standard
– An intimate knowledge of Reuters style, standards and ethics or a willingness to learn them
– At least 5-10 years experience editing or reporting, experience leading teams highly desirable
– Talent at using influence and diplomatic ability to forge effective working relationships
To apply, go here.