Reuters seeks consumer products reporter
Reuters is seeking an enterprising and energetic reporter to break news and write in-depth stories on the high-profile retail and consumer products beat.
The successful candidate should have a demonstrated ability to dig and break news on a portfolio of U.S. companies that could include Wal-Mart, Target, Procter & Gamble and Coca-Cola.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to identify and lead sector coverage on varied threads, ranging from data breaches and supply chain challenges to e-commerce and wage battles. The consumer world is at a fascinating moment, as technology and changing consumer habits are creating challenges that some major players may not survive. We need a highly motivated reporter who is engaged in these issues and eager to advance our understanding of both the companies and the consumer.
The reporter should be able to identify and pursue trend stories without losing sight of the earnings, product and corporate strategy news that are the foundation of this beat. Applicants should be able to handle complex topics with precision and insight in a competitive news environment, and be adept at drilling down into a company’s financial statements in order to break news and uncover strategy stories. An ability to develop sources in-person and remotely is key.
- At least three years business journalism experience, preferable in retail or consumer goods.
- Strong writer able to tell complicated stories in a compelling and informative way
- Proven track record of breaking news and delivering timely, insightful stories
- Experience in building sources and digging for information
- Team player who will work well with reporters across the U.S. and around the globe
To apply, go here.