Reuters seeks Brazil macroeconomics reporter
Reuters is seeking a macroeconomics reporter to helm our coverage of fiscal and monetary policy in Brazil, Latin America’s largest economy.
Brazil’s commodities-producing economy has been hard hit by the global pandemic and, with presidential elections looming next year, there are concerns that President Jair Bolsonaro will pursue a populist spending spree, placing government finances and the currency under strain. The Brazil Macroeconomics reporter will be based in Brasilia.
As Brazil Macroeconomics Reporter you will:
- Develop sources and break news about Brazil’s economic policy making
- Write insightful analyses drawing on complex and technical material
- Dig beneath the surface of politics to inform our clients about the tensions in economic policymaking and tie this to wider trends in Latin America and across Emerging Markets
You should have:
- A strong interest in economic policy and an understanding of how policy making affects the real world economy
- The ability to write about the economy with clarity and verve
- At least 5 years journalism experience
- Knowledge of Portuguese, English, and/or Spanish
- Experience in handling breaking news and publishing in real time under pressure
To apply, go here.