The Reuters U.S. General News Desk is seeking an assignment editor to serve as an embed at a major web portal in New York City.
Reporting to the U.S. General News editors in New York, this editor will play a key role in Reuters expansion into the U.S. media market. He/she will be based in the client newsroom and act an editorial ambassador representing Reuters to the client.
Applicants need to understand how changes in technology have affected American print and online publications and have a deep understanding of the content needs of major web sites.
– Liaise between Reuters and the assigned client on editorial coverage plans by both Reuters and the client site
– Promote top Reuters news content to client
– Manage and communicate client needs and requests to Reuters U.S. General News
– Monitor the delivery of Reuters content to client and serve as frontline troubleshooter in cases of problems
– Create and sustain relationships with top editors and section editors at the client site
– Serve as an occasional rotating embed for Reuters clients in other centers if needed
– Travel to other prospective client newsrooms as an embed during trials
– Work closely with the team of U.S. General News embeds
To apply, go here.