Reuters seeks an entertainment business reporter in LA
Reuters is seeking an experienced Entertainment Business Reporter with great ideas, a strong network of sources and a track record of delivering high impact scoops and features in the entertainment and media business arena. This reporter, based in our Los Angeles bureau, will be part of the Tech, Media and Telecoms team and lead coverage of how Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Apple, AT&T and Comcast have rewritten the rules of the media business, triggering a new round of mega deals, while sending smaller players scrambling for partners. The journalist will have a deep understanding of the economics of the entertainment and digital media businesses and a strong rolodex of sources for scoops and in-depth enterprise stories.
The Entertainment Business Reporter Will
- Break news on the entertainment and media business beat
- Help the team break news on the largest deals in the entertainment and streaming video business
- Work on insightful features and high-impact stories
You’re a fit for the role of Entertainment Business Reporter, if you:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in companies-related reporting.
- A strong track record of scoops and ability to write with flair.
- Previous reporting experience and contacts in media and tech business is preferable.
- Editing and managerial experience a plus.
What’s In It For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: as a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: we have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: we offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer’s Prize winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
To apply, go here.