Reuters is seeking an excellent reporter and writer who is passionate about breaking news to join its Houston energy team and cover one of the most dynamic beats in journalism: the shale revolution and U.S. energy majors.
The right candidate will produce deeply-reported news, analysis and narratives on the people and companies, including Exxon Mobil and Chevron, that have turned the U.S. into a global energy power in just a few years.
This person must be able to write not just about the technology, economics and companies behind the shale boom but also boardroom clashes and the transactions executives are pursuing in a rapidly changing industry. Energy is core to Reuters’ news mission and readership and are we driven to win the stories that convey important developments in oil and gas markets, the energy business and policy.
We need a reporter who can deliver scoops and lift the veil on what major producers are doing in exploration, refining and trading from West Texas to Asia and South America. The person must be comfortable with multimedia storytelling, augmenting text with video and graphics.
The candidate also should be eager to work in a team that spans time zones and geographies, collaborating to produce stories on how OPEC maneuvers and energy developments are affecting consumers, industries and geopolitics.
* A proven track record developing deep sources, breaking news, reporting and writing long-form stories
* Strong writing and organizational skills, coupled with experience handling and contributing to stories in real time
* The ability to clearly explain complex subjects to a wide audience as well as to the professional reader
* Experience covering the energy industry, and a high-level understanding of oil and gas production, transportation and marketing preferred
* Proven ability to work closely and collaboratively as part of a diverse, driven team spanning regions
* A minimum of four years of experience in journalism
To apply, go here.