Reuters seeks an energy correspondent in London
Reuters is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic reporter to cover global energy markets from London. The successful candidate will be expected to develop superb contacts with sources at trading companies, oil majors, regulators, investors and policymakers to break news, spot fresh trends in the industry and generate regular analysis along with ambitious, investigative stories.
This reporter will be expected to significantly contribute to efforts by the wider EMEA energy team to break stories ranging from OPEC and oil majors, to new trends in the global physical oil and refined products markets.
The successful candidate will also work with fellow correspondents in Asia, the Middle East and North America. Attention to detail, a proven track record of source building and exclusive reporting, the ability to use or swiftly learn Excel and proficiency with graphics are required.
- Strong news judgement and writing skills
- Proven ability to build sources and break stories
- Ability to explain complex markets to a wide business audience
- Experience using data and analytical tools to identify and highlight trends
- Excellent team player/collaborator
- Excellent Arabic
- Existing energy market & industry contacts an asset
- Prior knowledge of Excel, proficiency with graphics an advantage
To apply, go here.