Reuters seeks an economics editor in DC
Reuters is looking for an ambitious and enterprising editor to direct our coverage of the U.S. economy from our Washington bureau.
The Washington Economics Editor will lead the team of journalists covering the world’s most important economic indicators and most powerful central bank, the U.S. Federal Reserve, and now, a Trump administration determined to rewrite the rules on world trade.
We are looking for someone who can help us get inside Treasury, Commerce and the US Trade Representative’s office and break news on trade policy, tariffs and their implications for companies, financial markets and the economy. The role requires a seasoned and quick-thinking journalist with deep experience in covering macroeconomics and monetary policy.
The job also requires someone eager to stretch the story beyond Washington, to reveal for the world how policy decisions play out in California, Texas, Vermont or Iowa. It’s a beat rife with opportunities for scoops and deeply reported narratives about how the world’s largest economy ticks.
The U.S. economics team consistently produces some of the most highly read stories on the Reuters file globally. Leading it requires a collaborative editor who can work well with other teams in Washington that cover the White House, foreign and domestic policy and financial regulation, as well as with journalists in other parts of the United States and abroad.
- A track record of reporting and writing ambitious, exclusive and high-impact stories
- Ability to cultivate sources and get access to exclusive information
- Strong news judgement and excellent editing skills
- Leadership experience and ability to work collaboratively across teams and geographies
- Understanding of multimedia elements to enhance stories, from graphics to pictures and video
To apply, go here.