Reuters is looking for a prolific scoop-getter to join our team in New York that covers the financial industry and markets. This position is a key role in a team that uses markets as a tip sheet to break news, not only about high finance but also the broader world.
The successful candidate will build sources with people who control money flows on both the buyside and the sell-side in equities and equity derivatives markets. The Wall Street Correspondent will find out what information these sources have, the bets they are placing based on that knowledge and how those bets are faring. That means finding major investors such as hedge funds, endowments and family offices as well as Wall Street banks and trading firms to get the inside scoop.
If you are constantly talking to sources, understand how finance works, thrive when you break a story and are paranoid about losing, we want to talk to you.
About the Role
As our Wall Street Correspondent (Level 1 Journalist), you will:
- Build and develop sources with people who control money flows on both the buyside and the sell-side in equities and equity derivatives markets.
- Identify and develop exclusive news stories that will distinguish Reuters from other media organizations
- Collaborate closely with reporters across other beats and regions
- Work with multimedia teams including pictures, graphics and video to develop 360-degree storytelling
To our Wall Street Correspondent (Level 1 Journalist), you will likely have:
- A strong work ethic, team spirit and passion to win
- An ability to cultivate sources, especially in the world of finance
- A track record of generating scoops and producing impactful stories
- A rolodex of traders, funds, family offices and other market sources
- Financial literacy and a firm grasp of how markets work
Please note, the deadline for applications is Friday 10th September 2021.
To apply, go here.