Reuters seeks a tech correspondent in San Francisco
Reuters is looking for a nimble, ambitious and scoop-hungry Technology Correspondent to help drive coverage of the global technology industry, with a special focus on the FAANGs.
He or she will be responsible for breaking news about an industry that is undergoing rapid change even as it comes under increasing pressure from regulators, privacy advocates and global rivals. This is a high-profile role; the reporter will work as part of a team that is based in Silicon Valley and will also be expected to forge connections with colleagues around the globe.
The ideal candidate will come with deep industry expertise as well as strong knowledge of corporate finance and business fundamentals. This candidate should have a strong record of covering breaking news as well as sourcing for exclusives.
The Technology Correspondent will:
- Develop a wide range of sources on the beat
- Break exclusive news that rivals must follow
- Lead and/or reinforce coverage of major news that is breaking in the sector
- Report aggressively to develop ideas that will lead to deeper stories
- Demonstrate beat expertise and dominance
As our Technology Correspondent, you will likely have:
- Proven skill covering fast-breaking news
- Ability to understand and dissect corporate disclosures
- Proven record of story ideas
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast-moving, high-pressure environment
- Excellent news judgment
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- At least 5 years’ experience reporting or editing at a major news organization
To apply, go here.