Reuters seeks a social media editor
Reuters is looking for a social media editor to shape and implement our strategy for storytelling and audience development on different platforms.
The ideal candidate has experience with journalism on social and a strong vision for how the world’s largest global news organization should build and engage audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp and other emerging platforms.
The candidate will be brimming with ideas for social storytelling and be able to see how those fit into an overall strategy that is informed by analytics and a deep understanding of digital news. This editor will be capable of managing a team across time zones, as well influencing journalists throughout the organization to adopt best practices in digital storytelling.
- Managing a team that creates video experiences on Facebook, Twitter, Snap and Instagram
- Developing and establishing strategies for audience engagement and growth
- Working with journalists to develop ideas for telling stories on social that best use words, images, videos and interactive assets
- Tracking success and feeding up into a larger digital strategy
- Maintaining Reuters Trust principles and standards across all platforms
- Experience managing social accounts for news outlets
- Understanding of audience engagement metrics and industry best practices
- Excellent writing and news presentation skills
- Deep understanding of global and financial news
To apply, go here.