Reuters seeks a global tech editor
Reuters is seeking an exceptional newsroom leader to oversee coverage of the global technology industry.
This Global Industry Editor, Technology will be responsible for stories on all aspects of a sector that is experiencing unparalleled growth and disruption even as it faces mounting political challenges and regulatory scrutiny around the world. The companies and topics that fall under this editor’s purview range from Amazon to Zoom, from Tencent to chips, cybersecurity and beyond.
This exciting, high-profile role presents a rare opportunity to set the coverage agenda for a global newsroom, and drive scoops and ambitious stories on one of the world’s most dynamic beats. The successful editor will deftly triage between major breaking news and drive deeper enterprise reporting. The editor will inspire and energize reporters, as well as work collaboratively across time zones with other senior leaders of the news organization.
About the Role
As Global Industry Editor, Technology, you will:
- Lead a global team of reporters to break news on the most influential companies in the technology sector
- Deliver fast, accurate, unbiased and insightful stories that take readers inside the industry and shed new light on important decision makers
- Connect the dots for our global financial, professional, consumer and media customers who need to understand how technology developments affect the way we live and work
- Raise the ambition of the team by hiring, retaining and developing the best and most diverse talent
- Work seamlessly across disciplines and geographies to produce a well-rounded business file at speed
You’re a fit for the role of Global Industry Editor, Technology, if you have:
- Deep knowledge and sources in the technology industry
- Outstanding news judgment, energy and drive
- A strong track record of scoops and the ability to write with flair and speed
- At least 10 years’ experience running a team of reporters at a major news organization
- A coaching mentality and proven ability to spot and develop talent
- Ability to navigate and manage a team within a complex organization.
To apply, go here.