Reuters is looking for an experienced journalist with strong news judgment and a knack for developing sources to join our financials team. In this position you will act as part of a team that brings together consistent coverage of banks in Europe’s biggest economy, ranging from Sparkassen to major lenders Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank, and of M&A in German and English. You will need to both stay on top of fast-moving spot news and develop smart enterprise stories on the financial sector.
You will have an opportunity to work independently on story ideas around the financials sector, in cooperation with an experienced, open-minded and international team. You will chase the most interesting stories and people in the sector, interview top players and connect the dots between financials, politics, regulation and the economy.
About the Role
As a Financial Correspondent, Germany you will:
- Writing spot copy and trunks in German on both German and international financials
- Pitching and developing enterprise stories on German financials
- Generating scoops and exclusives
- Liaising with TV and pix teams to ensure stories are multimedia where possible
- Playing a key role in winning top timings by communicating quickly and clearly
To be our Financials Correspondent, Germany you will likely have:
- Fluent German and very good English
- Excellent German writing skills
- An ability to build contacts with relevant executives/bankers/labour representatives
- Strong news judgment
- An ability to work as part of a team across languages and media
- The ability to work under pressure
Please note, the deadline for applications is Sunday 23rd January 2022.
To apply, go here.